0

Rebel Wilson Keen For Break From Comedy

Australian comedy actress Rebel Wilson said that  she is setting her sights on more dramatic roles.
Rebel WilsonAs the Pitch Perfect star makes her West End stage debut in London as Miss Adelaide in Guys And Dolls she admitted she hopes the part of the hypochondriac night club performer will allow audiences to see what she is capable of as an actress.
"In Guys And Dolls of course there is so much comedy and sass with the numbers, but there are some real heartbreaking moments," she said.
"The thing about Miss Adelaide and when I just saw the lovely Samantha Spiro, who I'm replacing, I saw her performance and it's so heartbreaking in moments so it would be interesting to see how the audience reacts in those more dramatic bits.
"Sometimes in movies you don't get the chance to show that range because you are just playing the funny friend or the Australian girl and so hopefully people will see me in a different light from doing stuff like this and looking for the right dramatic movie."
Despite Wilson's hankering to be taken more seriously, the 26-year-old revealed she can't help but improvise during scenes for Guys And Dolls.
"You're supposed to stick the the formula in the West End, do it the same every night, but there is something in-built in me that I can't really do that - like the professionals!" she laughed.
"I kind of want to sneak in some cheeky jokes and I will be doing that."

Post a Comment

 
Top