0

Van Gaal refuses to address Mourinho to Man Utd reports

Image result for louis van gaalThe Dutchman was asked what his future holds but would not be drawn on whether he expects to be replaced by the Portuguese in the next few days, as reports suggest
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has refused to discuss his future amid numerous reports suggesting he will leave the club and be replaced by Jose Mourinho. Fresh rumours in the media on Saturday have suggested Van Gaal will be replaced by the former Chelsea boss in the coming days, and that the club's 2-1 victory over Crystal Palace in the FA Cup final at Wembley will not change the club's stance on the Dutchman's future.
When asked whether the win over Palace will be his final match in charge, he told a press conference: "I show you the cup. I don't discuss it with my friends in the media who already sack me for six months.
"I do not want to talk about leaving."
But Van Gaal was in bullish mood when asked about the potential for his FA Cup triumph to act as a platform for future success.
"Of course, I have said when I started as the manager that we are in a process of transition," he added. "I have had to refresh my squad, and I have done it and in spite of the many injuries we have had this season we have lifted the cup.
"I am very proud to be the first manager since the days of Sir Alex Ferguson [to win a major trophy], and I have made a picture with him because that is history."
Jesse Lingard netted the winning goal for United in extra time after Juan Mata had cancelled out Jason Puncheon's opener, and Van Gaal was pleased that his decision-making worked to his club's advantage on the day.
"I am happy with every goal. I made the decision to leave Jesse out of the team, but I also made the decision to replace Mata despite him scoring the goal," he added.
"Some of my friends in the media say Memphis Depay was not here but that is not true, he was here on the pitch. Of course it is tough that he was outside the squad for a cup final, but the circumstances are different now and Ashley Young has shown it. He has played in the striker's position, in the winger's position and in the left-back position."

Post a Comment

 
Top